The Bloody Mary is a vodka-soaked nutritional breakfast and hangover cure all in one. What else could you ask for?
The tomato-based cocktail has hundreds of variations, from heavy on the hot sauce to a splash of Guinness Beer on top. It's best to start with the classic recipe and work toward the way you like it, even if it's topped with a shrimp skewer, a slice of bacon and a tiny cheeseburger. Crazy garnishes aside, there's a reason this iconic beverage is a classic.
While the origin of this popular brunch cocktail is debatable, the Bloody Mary's staying power leaves no question.
INGREDIENTS IN THE CLASSIC BLOODY MARY COCKTAIL
1 Lemon wedge
1 Lime wedge
2 oz Vodka
4 oz Tomato juice
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
2 tsp Prepared horseradish
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 pinch Celery salt
1 pinch Ground black pepper
1 pinch Smoked paprika
Garnish: Celery Stalk, Lime Wedge, Green Olives, Parsley Sprig
HOW TO MAKE THE CLASSIC BLOODY MARY COCKTAIL
1. Pour some celery salt onto a small plate
2. Rub the juicy side of the lemon or lime along the rim of the pint glass
3. Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated
4. Fill with ice and set aside
5. Squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into a shaker and drop them in
6. In the shaker, add the remaining ingredients and shake gently
7. Strain into the prepared glass
8. Garnish with a parsley sprig, 2 speared green olives and a lime wedge